Skip to content
- In recent years, cholesterol has been under heavy attack. It seems that every authority has been giving it a bad rap.
- The truth of the matter is that cholesterol is essential for the cells in your body.
- However, too much of any good thing can cause serious health problems.
- Excess cholesterol increases your risk for developing coronary disease heart disease (CHD) or a stroke.
- Everyone talks about cholesterol, but few people actually understand what it is.
- Despite its bad rap, some cholesterol is vitally important for good health, as it is a major building block for many structures within our bodies, even our bones and teeth, as cholesterol is a precursor for Vitamin D.