Skip to content
How Weight Loss Varies:
- A rapid weight gain, exactly like a rapid weight loss, is only a retention of water.
- The body consists of 60% water.
- The body is like a sponge: the bigger it is, the more water it retains.
- The more one loses real weight, the less room there is in the body for water.
- Question: did you ever weigh yourself after a meal and notice that you had gained 2 to 4 pounds?
- 1 pound of fat is the equivalent of 3,600 calories.
- This corresponds to:
- 4 pounds of meat
- 2 pounds of cold cuts
- 7 1/2 bars of chocolate
- 2 pounds of fries
- 2 pounds of Swiss cheese
- 2 pounds of sugar
- 1 ¼ gallon of grape juice
- Question: Have you ever eaten this quantity of food at one time?
- In this type of diet, you continue to eat carbohydrates while losing fat.
- One doesn’t lose weight continuously, since the body gets used to a certain set point.
- This scenario shows a hypocaloric diet.
Nothing Is Forbidden
- The more you pull on the elastic, the more it might break.
- The more you deprive yourself of chocolate, the stronger your craving for it will be.
- The balanced diet is a myth, because it includes too many restrictions and monotonous meals.
- The goal is to be happy and well.
- Only 10 to 15 percent of your current eating habits will be modified based on what you like to eat.
- Only few modifications?
- Yes, we never met someone who eats green salad or ice cream for breakfast. The body needs proper food at the appropriate time.
- A personality type allows the way that people work and interact with others to be classified into one of four types based on their assertiveness and emotional responsiveness:
- Knowledge of a person’s personality type can broaden the understanding of his or her behavioral patterns with food, motivations and attitudes.
- We will understand your interpersonal needs, your level in power, and your level in emotions.
- During stress, the energy demand is such that it can lead to a lack of amino acids, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins. All nutrients are less well absorbed.
- Stress can contribute to the metabolic syndrome which is the combination of different symptoms such as abdominal obesity, resistance to insulin (that can evolve into diabetes), arterial hypertension and the disturbance of lipid metabolism (cholesterol).
- According to health professionals, nutritional deficiencies weaken the nervous system and therefore are responsible for a poor adaptation to stress factors.
- A diet rich in processed foods (fried foods, white bread, sweets, etc.) increases the risk of stress and depression by 58% according to British researchers.
- Define your morphotype!
- Each eating habit corresponds to a morphotype.
- We can define five ones: Hourglass – Cheops – Monastic – Schwarzy -Tree Trunk
- Each of these five morphotypes corresponds precisely to a set of eating habits whose modification will lead to a silhouette change.
- By stopping the overconsumption of such or such food, your body will cease storing it. Better yet, instinctively and without realizing it, your body will self-correct the excess by destocking what it has accumulated.
- Quite often, we don’t eat alone. That has an influence on our eating behavior.
- Giving and receiving food, and eating it together are fundamental social acts.
- Refusing food that is offered and not offering any when you are supposed to, represent a refusal to communicate, an unforgivable offense.
- Consequently, refusing to raise a glass to toast the lady of the house or refusing to taste the cake she has made are perceived as insults, disavowals, and often trigger a negative reaction in return.
- You will learn the best social skills to go out, entertain with your friends and family at restaurants and still losing weight.