Skip to content
- Environmental pollution, bad eating habits, stress, fatigue, smoking, drinking and a sedentary lifestyle are negative factors that throw the body off balance and lead to metabolic disorders and the general acidification of the body.
- The accumulation of acidic waste in the body’s internal environment – in the blood, interstitial fluid and lymph – results in acidosis or the disruption of pH balance.
- Some of the common symptoms of metabolic acidosis include the following: Rapid and shallow breathing, confusion, fatigue, headache, sleepiness, lack of appetite, jaundice, increased heart rate.
- Fruits and vegetables that are especially anti-inflammatory and help keep you in an alkaline state are raisins, citrus, dates and spinach.
- You might think acidic produce, such as tomatoes or lemons, raise acidity, but they don’t; they promote alkalinity instead.
- Your body maintains a healthy pH level regardless of what you eat.
- An alkaline diet is a healthy way to eat and may relieve some stress on your bodily systems.